Maine 1979 ballot measures
1979 ballot in the state of Maine.
- Both were rejected by voters.
- One was an initiated state statute.
- One was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
On the ballot
|CISS||Maine Bottle Bill Act (1979)||Environment||Repeal a law that placed a mandatory deposit on bottles|
|Maine Literacy Test Amendment (1979)||Elections||To "remove the literacy requirement for eligibility to vote" from the state's constitution|
- 1979 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature