Maine 1982 ballot measures
November 2, 1982 ballot in Maine.Five statewide ballot measures appeared on the
- Three of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Income Tax Question||Taxes||Adjusts individual income taxes for inflation|
|IndISS||Milk Price Control Question||Business||Repeals price control of dealer and retail milk prices|
|IndISS||Nuclear Power Question||Nuclear||Bans electricity generated through the use of nuclear power|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Bond issues||Limits life span of bond authorizations not acted upon in five years|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Education||Authorizes the credit of the state to secure loans for parents of students in higher education|
- The Lewiston Journal, "State of Maine General Election November 2, 1982: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," October 26, 1982
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-