Maine 1986 ballot measures
June 10 and November 4, 1986 ballots in Maine.Eleven statewide ballot questions appeared on the
- Two of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Eight of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Eight of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Intiative Question||Adult||Criminalizes making, transfer, exhibition, advertisement and promotion of obscene materials or devices for value|
|IndISS||Initiative Question 1||Utilities||Prohibits mandatory local measured telephone service|
|BI||Bond Issue 2||Prisons||Issues $16 million in bonds to build, repair and renovate state correctional facilities|
|BI||Bond Issue 3||Utilities||Issues $12 million in bonds to provide for sewer treatment facilities|
|BI||Bond Issue 4||Education||Issues $6 million in bonds for school construction projects and activity building at mental health institute|
|BI||Bond Issue 5||Bonds||Issues $6 million in bonds to identify and correct asbestos problems in state facilities|
|BI||Bond Issue 6||Transportation||Issues $10 million in bonds for coastal access, harbor, state ferry and marine laboratory improvements|
|BI||Bond Issue 7||War & Peace||Issues $3.1 million dollars in bonds for the expansion, rehabilitation and construction of the armory|
|BI||Bond Issue 8||Forests & Parks||Issues $5 million in bonds for the acquisition of wildlife habitats and land for public outdoor recreation|
|BI||Bond Issue 9||Education||Issues $7.7 million in bonds to upgrade facilities in the University of Maine System|
|Constitutional Amendment 10||Redistricting||Changes procedure for apportionment of the state legislature and the operation of the Reapportionment Commission|
- The Lewiston Journal, "State of Maine Special Election June 10, 1986: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," June 3, 1986
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine General Election November 4, 1986: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," October 28, 1986
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-