Maine 1988 ballot measures
November 8, 1988 ballot in Maine.Seven statewide ballot measures appeared on the
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|BI||Question 1||Bonds||Issues $3.2 million to establish a statewide 911 emergency call system|
|BI||Question 2||Law Enforcement||Issues $3 million in bonds to build, repair or renovate public safety facilities|
|BI||Question 3||Environment||Issues $13 million in bonds for clean up of uncontrolled hazardous substance sites, solid waste landfills and underground oil storage tanks|
|BI||Question 4||Utilities||Issues $12 million in bonds for sewerage facilities construction|
|BI||Question 5||Bonds||Issues $5 million in bonds to fund the Adaptive Equipment Loan Program|
|BI||Question 6||Education||Issues $36.8 million in bonds for the construction and upgrading of educational facilities of the University of Maine System|
|Question 7||Constitutions||Removes gender-biased language in the state constitution|
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine General Election November 8, 1988: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," November 8, 1988
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-