Maine 1991 ballot measures
November 5, 1991 ballot in Maine.Nine statewide ballot measures were on the
- Seven of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- One of the measure was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Three of the measures were approved and six were defeated.
On the ballot
|CISS||Question 1||Transportation||Requires a comprehensive transportation policy and places budget approval requirement on Turnpike Authority|
|BI||Question 2||Prisons||Issues $5.5 million bond for correctional facilities|
|BI||Question 3||Water||Issues $16.5 million bond for water projects|
|BI||Question 4||Development||Issues $7.5 million bond for natural resource financing for job retention and creation|
|BI||Question 5||Forests & Parks||Issues $5 million bond to purchase scenic lands and wildlife habitats|
|BI||Question 6||Environment||Issues $10 million bond for recycling equipment and closure of solid waste landfills|
|BI||Question 7||Forests & Parks||Issues $5 million bond for state park improvements and historic building preservation|
|BI||Question 8||Transportation||Issues $29.7 million bond for highway, bridge, airport and harbor improvements, as well as ferry vessel construction|
|Question 9||Pension||Prohibits diversion of state retirement funds|
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine General Election, November 5, 1991: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," October 29, 1991