Maine 1993 ballot measures
- One measure was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Question 1||Term Limits||Creates consecutive term limits for several state offices, including state legislators|
|BI||Question 2||Environment||Issues $5 million in bonds to fund the closure and remediation of municipal solid waste landfills|
|BI||Question 3||Transportation||Issues $39.5 million in bonds for improvements to highways, state and local bridges, airports, cargo ports and ferry service|
|BI||Question 4||Water||Issues $15.15 million in bonds for the construction of water pollution control facilities|
|Question 5||Forests & Parks||Requires two-thirds vote by the legislature to reduce or change the purpose of state park, conservation or recreation land|
|LRSS||Question 6||Nuclear||Approves low-level radioactive waste disposal agreement with Texas and Vermont|
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Official Vote and Citizen's Guide to Maine Referendum Election held on November 2, 1993
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |