For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine 1997 ballot measures
November 4, 1997 ballot in Maine.Six statewide ballot measures were on the
- One of the measures was an automatic ballot referral from a 1996 ballot measure.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Four of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|ABR||Question 1||Forests & Parks||Makes the Compact for Maine's Forests into law|
|BI||Question 2||Water||Issues $7 million in bonds, matching $15 million in federal bonds, for water pollution control facilities|
|BI||Question 3||Bonds||Issues $10 million in bonds for the Adaptive Equipment Loan Program Fund|
|BI||Question 4||Transportation||Issues $56.85 million in bonds for transportation improvements|
|Question 5||Suffrage||Repeals provision that prevents persons under guardianship because of mental illnesses from voting|
|LRSS||Question 6||Transportation||Expands southern end of Maine Turnpike|
- Citizen's guide to the November 4, 1997 ballot questions in Maine
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-