For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine 2000 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- All six of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Question 1||Assisted Death||Allows informed adults with terminal illnesses to request and receive medications to end their lives|
|IndISS||Question 2||Business||Requires owners of timberland to obtain a permit for clearcutting practices|
|IndISS||Question 3||Lottery||Allows video lottery at some horse racing tracks|
|Question 4||Taxes||Assesses waterfront property used for commercial fishing based upon the value of its current use|
|Question 5||Suffrage||Removes the prohibition against voting by persons who are under guardianship for reasons of mental illness|
|LRSS||Question 6||LGBT||Makes it unlawful to discriminate against individuals based on their sexual orientation|
- Maine Citizen's Guide to the Referendum Election, Tuesday, November 7, 2000 from Maine Secretary of State
- Maine Secretary of State, Elections Division: Referendum Election Tabulations, November 7, 2000
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |