The Maine Airport Improvements Bond Issue, also known as Referendum Question No. 6, was on the December 5, 1977 ballot in Maine as a legislatively-referred bond question, where it was approved. The measure issued $1.8 million in bonds for improvements to multiple airports. These airports were Auburn-Lewiston, Augusta, Bangor, Bar Harbor, Belfast, Caribou, Dexter, Dover-Foxcroft, Fort Kent, Frenchville, Fryeburg, Islesboro, Jackman, Knox County, Lincoln, Old Town, Pittsfield, Protage Lake, Portland, Presque Isle, Princeton, Rangeley, Sanford, Waterville and Wiscasset.
| Maine Referendum Question No. 6 (1977)|
| Yes|| 116,745|| 54.98%|
Election results via: Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
"Shall a bond issue be ratified for the purposes set forth in 'AN ACT to Appropriate Money for Improvements to Airports and to Authorize General Fund Bond Issues in the Amount of $1,800,000,' as passed by the 108th Legislature?"
- Maine Airport Construction and Improvement, Referendum Question No. 2 (1966)
- Maine Airport Construction, Extension and Improvement, Referendum Question No. 5 (1967)
- Maine Norridgewock Airport Appropriation, Referendum Question No. 2 (1969)
- Maine Airport Moneys Reallocation, Referendum Question No. 3 (1972)
- Maine State Parks, Airports and Maintenance Building, Referendum Question No. 4 (1972)
- Maine Public Fish Piers, Airports and Transportation Improvements, Referendum Question No. 2 (1979)
- Maine Agricultural and Economic Development, Referendum Question No. 1 (1981)
- Maine Highway, Bridge and Airport Improvements, Bond Issue 4 (1985)
- ↑ 'Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, "Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-," accessed April 17, 2014
- ↑ Bangor Daily News, "Specimen Ballot," November 28, 1977
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Private and Special Laws of the State of Maine As Passed at the First Regular Session of the One Hundred and Eighth Legislature, "Chapter 74," accessed April 17, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.