Maine Bond Questions 2 through Question 8 (1994)
1994 ballot in Maine.
- All of the bond questions were referred to the ballot by the Maine legislature.
- $51,000,000 of the requests were approved.
- $36,300,000 of the requests were defeated.
|Measure||Requested||For||Percent in favor||Outcome|
|Question 2||$9,000,000||Water pollution control||51.3%||Approved|
|Question 3||$20,000,000||Solid waste landfills||56.6%||Approved|
|Question 4||$5,000,000||Distance learning||41.1%||Defeated|
|Question 5||$15,000,000||Business subsidies||51.6%||Approved|
|Question 6||$21,300,000||Port facilities||45.7%||Defeated|
|Question 7||$5,000,000||Technical college||52.1%||Approved|
|Question 8||$2,000,000||Baxter School for Deaf||50.9%||Approved|
|Question 9||$10,000,000||Fish hatcheries||48.9%||Defeated|
- Would issue $9 million to construct water pollution control facilities
- Would issue $20 million for the remediation and capping of municipal solid waste landfills
- Would issue $5 million for improvements to distance learning and instructional technology for the University of Maine