Maine Department of Education
|Maine Department of Education|
|Superintendent:||James E. Rier, Jr.|
|FY 2013 Budget:||$895.5 million|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Maine school districts
List of school districts in Maine
Public education in Maine
School board elections portal
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||The Maine Department of Education's mission is to provide leadership and to collaborate with educators and learning communities in order to ensure that every learner has the opportunity to be successful. The Department is working toward an education system that engages and challenges every student, is customized to each student's individual needs and harnesses the power of technology to enhance and individualize learning.||”|
State Board of Education
The Maine State Board of Education is comprised of nine members appointed by the Governor, along with two non-voting student members. It is responsible for making recommendations to the state legislature; granting permission to "administrative units" to enter into agreements for cooperative educational purposes; approving standards for school construction; approving the formation of community school districts; establishing the teacher certification program; and supporting the recognition of exemplary teaching and learning opportunities through "Making the Grade Awards" and the Maine Teacher of the Year Program.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maine + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine Department of Education, "A Snapshot of Education in Maine," accessed January 22, 2014
- Maine Department of Education, "150 Years in Education - PART II," accessed January 22, 2014
- EducationBug.org, "Maine," accessed January 22, 2014
- Maine Department of Education, "Inside DOE," accessed January 22, 2014
- Maine Department of Education "Maine State Board of Education responsibilities," accessed May 15, 2010
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Maine Department of Education | Maine school districts |