Maine Election Timing of People's Veto, Question 8 (1999)
- It was approved with 71.3% of voters in favor.
|Maine Question 8 1999|
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
Do you favor amending the Constitution of Maine to require that a petition for a people's veto be voted on at the next statewide or general election, rather than at a special election?
This Resolution would authorize an amendment to the Constitution of Maine to allow a petition for a people's veto to be voted on at the next statewide or general election rather than at a special election. The Amendment deletes current language, which allows a petition for the people's veto to be voted on at a special election.
- Maine 1999 ballot measures
- 1999 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- List of amendments to the Maine Constitution
- Citizen's guide to the November 2 ballot questions in Maine
- Referendum election in Maine, November 2
- Election results, Questions 7-9
- Votes on Maine constitutional amendments