For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine Excise Tax on Railroads, Referendum Question (1928)
The Maine Excise Tax on Railroads People's Veto, also known as Referendum Question, was on the September 10, 1928 ballot in Maine as a veto referendum, where it was approved. The measure related to an excise tax on railroads.
|Maine Referendum Question (1928)|
Election results via: Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, People's Vetoes 1909-
Text of measure
The full text of the ballot language can be read here.
- Maine 1928 ballot measures
- 1928 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Maine
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Referendum Question to be Voted Upon September 10, 1928," September 3, 1928
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, People's Vetoes 1909-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|