Maine Short-Term Debt for Highway Construction Amendment, Question 3 (2002)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
Do you favor amending the Constitution of Maine to allow the State to issue short-term debt in limited amounts that must be repaid with federal transportation funds within 12 months to facilitate the development of highways, bridges and other transportation?
INTENT AND CONTENT
This proposal would authorize an amendment to the Constitution of Maine to exempt from the current $2 million debt limit certain short-term loans that must be repaid within 12 months by the federal government out of federal transportation funds.
- Citizen's Guide to the November 5 ballot measures
- November 5 election results by county
- 2002 Maine Ballot Measures Details
- [http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/2002g/gen02rfc.htm 2002 Maine Ballot Measures Election Results
- Proposed constitutional amendments in Maine