Maine Small Business Bond Issue, Question 3 (2014)
Text of measure
The language will appear on the ballot as:
Do you favor a bond issue to provide $4,000,000 in funds to insure portions of loans to small businesses to spur investment and innovation and to provide $8,000,000 in funds to make flexible loans to small businesses to create jobs, revitalize downtowns and strengthen the rural economy?
The full text of the measure is as follows can be read here.
The following fiscal note was provided Question 3:
The election that will take place in Maine on November 4, 2014, is known as a referendum election. According to the Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions, "Referendum Elections are held to provide Maine’s citizens an opportunity to vote on People’s Veto Referenda, Direct Initiatives of Legislation (i.e. Citizen Initiatives), Bond Issues, other referenda proposed by the Legislature, and Constitutional Amendments. Referendum elections are an important part of the heritage of public participation in Maine."
Path to the ballot
- See also: Legislatively-referred state statute
- Maine Secretary of State, "Upcoming Elections: November 4, 2014 - General Election," accessed August 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maine Legislature, "Legislative Document No. 1827," March 18, 2014
- Maine Legislature, "Chapter 596 Fiscal Note," accessed August 7, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions, "Upcoming Elections," accessed September 9, 2014
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |