A City of Malibu Utility Users Tax, Measure D
ballot question was on the April 8, 2008 ballot
for voters in the City of Malibu in Los Angeles County
, where it was approved
Measure D reduced Malibu's utility users tax (UUT) from 5% to 4.5% but extended the tax to cover a broader range of activities.
- Malibu has had a UUT since 1991.
- In 2008, the tax had been imposed on telephone customers in the City and collected on their telephone bills at a rate of 5% for seventeen years.
- The revenues from the telephone tax were approximately $1,036,000 in 2006-2007.
- The Malibu UUT, in 2008, was contributing about 4% of the city's general fund revenue.
| Measure D|
| Yes|| 1,565|| 63.6%|
- These final, certified, election results are from the Los Angeles County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|| Measure D: "Shall an Ordinance be adopted that 1) reduces the tax rate from 5% to 4.5%, 2) adds modern communication technologies to the activities taxed, 3) preserves the local telephone tax against changes in federal law, and 4) retains the existing exemptions for seniors?"
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found