|Transparency grading process|
The population was 10,489 at the 2000 census. Mandeville is located on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain, along Interstate 12, across the lake from the city of New Orleans.
Evaluating the city's website
- A full listing of city council members and their contact information is provided.
- City council minutes and agendas are posted.
- Local tax information is provided in the municipal code.
- Meeting information is posted.
- Building permits and zoning information available.
- The current and proposed budgets are available on the city Web site. They are located in a section for city documents. 
- Monthly financial reports are available in a section of the Web site housing city documents. 
- Administrative officials are listed. 
- City Code of Ethics is available.
- City contracts are not available online.
- There is no disclosure of lobbying activity or expenses on the city Web site.
- A public records request fee and schedule is provided, however there is not provision for making a request on the city Web site.