Mandy Powers Norrell
|Mandy Powers Norrell|
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 44|
|November 10, 2012|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||USC School of Law|
|Birthday||July 12, 1973|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Norrell served on the following committees:
|South Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture, Natural Resources & Environmental Affairs|
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Incumbent Mandy Powers Norrell was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Norrell is unopposed in the general election.
Powers Norrell ran in the 2012 election for South Carolina House of Representatives District 44. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. Incumbent James Neal (D) did not run for re-election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Norrell won in the general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Norrell is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Norrell raised a total of $183,016 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 30, 2013.
|Mandy Powers Norrell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Carolina State House, District 44||$63,685|
|2008||South Carolina State Senate, District 16||$119,331|
|Grand Total Raised||$183,016|
2012Norrell won election to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Norrell raised a total of $63,685.
|South Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mandy Powers Norrell's campaign in 2012|
|House Democratic Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|Norrell, Mandy P||$1,558|
|Richardson Jr, Terry E||$1,000|
|South Carolina Farm Bureau||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$63,685|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Norrell lost the election for the South Carolina State Senate in 2008. During that election cycle, Norrell raised a total of $119,331.
|South Carolina State Senate 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mandy Powers Norrell's campaign in 2008|
|Norrell, Mandy Powers||$10,010|
|Senate Democratic Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|Caulder, L D||$1,000|
|Close, Elliott S||$1,000|
|Richardson, Matthew R||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2008||$119,331|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
The South Carolina State Legislature was in its 120th legislative session from January 8, 2013, to June 6, 2014. In 2014, a statewide session was held from June 17 to June 19 "for the consideration of certain specified matters."
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce - 2013 Legislative Scorecard & Year in Review
- Legislators are scored on business issues, including: infrastructure funding, the Department of Employment and Workforce Integrity bill, expanding 4-year-old kindergarten and funding for the Manufacturing Skills Standard Council.
- Greenville Tea Party - Greenville Tea Party Scorecard 2013
- The scorecards are not comprehensive, but concentrate on issues related to jobs, spending, and freedom.
- Legislators are scored on efforts to promote economic freedom, lower taxes, create an efficient and accountable state government, reduce spending, protect small businesses and reform the state's pension system.
- Conservation Voters of South Carolina - 2013-2014 scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation of land efforts.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mandy + Powers + Norrell + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina House of Representatives
- South Carolina House of Representatives Committees
- South Carolina Joint Committees
- South Carolina state legislative districts
- Rep. Norrell's website
- Profile from Open States
- Follow the Money
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2008
- Heraldonline.com, "S.C. Senate District 16 race turns hostile," accessed October 19, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- AP.org, "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2012 Candidates," accessed April 23, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Norrell, Mandy Powers," accessed June 30, 2013
- South Carolina State Legislature Online, "H*5282 Concurrent Resolution," accessed June 26, 2014
James Neal (D)
|South Carolina House of Representatives District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |