Mankato is a city in the U.S. state of Minnesota and is the county seat of Blue Earth County. Located at the bend in the Minnesota River where it curves north after traveling southward, it is home to Minnesota State University, Mankato, Bethany Lutheran College and Rasmussen Colleges plus a wide variety of manufacturing and service businesses. Mankato is a major regional center that has been designated as the 14th Most Livable Micropolitan City in the Nation. Mankato has a population of 36,240 with a contiguous population area of 49,175. There is a trade area population of more than 300,000 and there are 1.6 million people who live within 60 miles of Mankato. The City of Mankato is renowned for great parks and trails as well as a growing and visible arts community.
- Current and past budgets are posted.
- City Council meetings and agendas posted
- Elected officials listed with contact information.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information
- Provides information on planning and zoning
- Provides licenses and permits
- Provides information on economic development
- Audits are posted
- Provides information on contracts and bids
Unsure / wasn't able to find
- Partial information on local taxes ?
- How much is spent on lobbying or if they use government sector lobbying or government sector lobbying associations ?
- Information on how to request public records consistent with the Minnesota Data Practices Act ?