|Alabama House of Representatives District 3|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
|J.D.||University of Alabama School of Law|
|Birthday||March 25, 1951|
|Place of birth||Colbert County, AL|
Black currently works as an attorney for Black and Hughston, Professional Corp.
He has previously served as chair of the Colbert County Democratic Executive Committee, board member of the Boy Scouts of America, director of the Tennessee Valley Art Association and professional chair of United Way of the Shoals.
Black served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Education Policy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Financial Services Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Services
Black has proposed an Alabama Electronic Bingo Amendment (2010) for the June 2010 ballot in Alabama. To make that ballot, 63 of the state's 104 members of Alabama House of Representatives and 21 of the 32 senators in the Alabama State Senate will have to vote to put it on the ballot. The measure would authorize fourteen gambling centers to operate electronic bingo in nine counties. The proposed amendment to the Alabama Constitution would also create a State Gaming Commission and impose a state tax on electronic bingo.
Black won re-election to the 3rd District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Black raised $83,298 for his campaign.
In 2010, Black raised $355,267 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$37,641|
|Alabama Trial Lawyers Association||$20,000|
In 2006, Black collected $83,298 in donations.
Below are Black's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$5,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$4,000|
Black and his wife, Martha, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marcel+ Black + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- What the Democrats say: Republican bills sound good but are light on content - al.com (blog)
- Bedford tops in area contributions - Times Daily
- House GOP touts 'Commonsense Conservative' in 2014 - The Decatur Daily
- Alabama GOP remains split on Common Core; Beason promises repeal bill - al.com (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Alabama Legislature - Marcel Black
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Marcel Black on Facebook
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Black
- ↑ Birmingham News, "Alabama representative proposes 14 gambling centers throughout state", March 6, 2009
- ↑ Statewide general election results
- ↑ 2006 election results, Alabama
- ↑ Alabama House spending, 2006
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|