was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for Arizona Corporation Commission
in the 2012 elections
. Busching was defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Busching grew up in the Midwest, the eldest of three siblings. She moved to Arizona more than 30 years ago. Busching has her own law firm that specializes in mediations and arbitrations, and has previous experience in the banking, construction, and real estate industries. Additionally, she has prior public service as a Citizens Clean Election Commissioner and member of the Arizona Liquor Control Board. Busching has served on numerous City of Phoenix committees and bond subcommittees.
She has been a supporter of the Desert Botanical Garden, Nature Conservancy, and Rails-to-Trails Conservancy. She has also assisted community organizations, such as Social Venture Partners, Arizona Women in Commercial Real Estate, Arizona Women’s Education & Employment, Community Legal Services, and many others.
Busching was endorsed by the following organizations:
- Arizona Republic
- The Sierra Club
- The League of Conservation Voters
- The Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce
- AFSCME people.
Busching was also endorsed by the following individuals in the state:
- Former Congressman Sam Coppersmith
- Former State Senator Manny Alvarez of Cochise County
- State Senator Steve Gallardo
- State Senator Ruben Gallego
- City of Avondale Mayor Marie Lopez-Rogers
- Town of Cave Creek Mayor Vincent Francia
- Supervisor Tony Reyes of Yuma County
- Tucson Councilman Paul Cunningham
Busching has BBA, M.B.A., and J.D. degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- See also: Arizona down ballot state executive elections, 2012
Busching ran for Arizona Corporation Commission in 2012. A total of three seats were up for election on the Arizona Corporation Commission in 2012. Incumbents Sandra Kennedy and Paul Newman also ran in the August 28 Democratic primary. Busching was defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona Corporation Commission General Election, 2012
|| Paul Newman Incumbent
|| Sandra Kennedy Incumbent
|| Marcia Busching
||Bob Stump Incumbent
||Susan Bitter Smith
|| Christopher Gohl
|| Daniel Pout
|| Thomas Meadows
|Election Results via Arizona Secretary of State.
|Arizona Corporation Commission-Democratic Primary, 2012
|Sandra Kennedy Incumbent
|Paul Newman Incumbent
|Election Results Via:The Arizona Secretary of State.
Incumbent Bob Stump, Bob Burns and Susan Bitter Smith ran in the Republican primary. Busching was defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Busching lost the election to the position of Arizona Corporation Commission in 2012. During that election cycle, Busching raised a total of $252,585.
|Arizona Corporation Commission 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marcia Busching's campaign in 2012|
|Arthur G. Garcia||$150
|Total Raised in 2012
|Source:Follow the Money
Busching and her husband Bob have 3 children, Peter, Toffler, and Carrie.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Arizona Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ Official Campaign Website, "About Me," accessed October 10, 2012
- ↑ Official Campaign Website, "Endorsements," accessed October 10, 2012
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Marcia For Arizona, "About Marcia," accessed August 24, 2012
- ↑ Phoenix Business Journal, "Campaign season starts early for Arizona Corporation Commission," January 10, 2012
- ↑ Arizona Secretary of State, "2012 primary election candidates," accessed May 30, 2012