Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 22|
|Place of birth||Winston-Salem, NC|
Hester's campaign website listed the following issues:
- "[P]reserving and protecting our Ohana/Keiki"
- Excerpt: "The rise of crime (burglary, theft), homelessness, prostitution, drug use, strip clubs & desiring "Gambling" for Waikiki (Big Las Vegas type Gambling)-- in the past few years are all examples of the how the current legislators are leading Hawaii in the wrong direction (my opponent Tom Brower is very much for legalizing Casino Gambling for Waikiki. Yes, we all want more revenue coming into our state but at what expense to our Ohana & Keiki?"
- "[F]ighting hard to put money back into our citizens pockets by endorsing legislation that promotes economic growth"
- Excerpt: "With the budget gap continuing to grow, it is important now more than ever, that Hawaii votes for a candidate like Dr. Hester that will bring back the 'balance of power' and ensure that taxpayer’s hard-earned monies are being accounted for. We must lower our personal, corporate, excise tax, & payroll taxes - that will then stimulate growth for our entire economy."
Hester ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 22. Hester ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 23 incumbent Tom Brower (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 22, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Tom Brower Incumbent||69.6%||4,317|
Hester is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Marcus + Hester + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Marcus Hester, "What Dr. Marcus Stands for," accessed September 27, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Marcus Hester," accessed September 27, 2012