|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 83|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Middleton's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
In the past four years, it seems as if there has been a war on the Education System in Michigan. The attack on this system has been one that is not only hurting the students in the system at this time, but also the Michigan of the future. Education is not a business and to treat it like such is only guaranteeing a bleak tomorrow.
I have many friends and family members that are still active members of this system and to hear their concerns, struggles and to see the frustration in their eyes tells me that something must be done.
There was a $500 Million surplus found after my pension started to be taxed and a $1.7Billion surplus after this year, yet they are still looking for more ways to tax these pensions even more. We need to stand up and be more accountable for these taxes and the choices we make must be for the good of the people, not for a certain Political Party we identify with.
Being a transplant to Michigan, I love this state and the people of Michigan as if I were born and raised here. We have so much to offer here in our district, we’re surrounded by natural beauty, and we need to protect this beauty. With a nuclear waste site being proposed just across the lake from our district, we need to address this issue and your concerns need to be heard.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Marcus Middleton was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Paul Muxlow was unopposed in the Republican primary. Muxlow defeated Middleton in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 83 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Paul Muxlow Incumbent||62.1%||15,013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marcus + Middleton + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 83
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Marcus Middleton on Facebook
- Marcus Middleton on Twitter
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Committee to Elect Marcus Middleton, "Issues," accessed October 14, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |