Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Waldron High School|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas Tech University|
|Years of service||20 years|
Richmond earned his B.S. in Physical Education from Arkansas Tech University. Richmond's professional experience includes coaching football and being the principal of a private school in Virginia. He served in the United States Marine Corps for more than 20 years, achieving the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
In a press release, Richmond highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need a representative who will focus on growing Arkansas’ economy, instead of growing Arkansas’ government. Hard-working families need a representative who will fight to protect their hard earned wages instead of punishing working families with a burdensome tax rate."
- Excerpt: "As a retired leader of Marines, I know the buck stops where the commanding officer stands. A real leader is responsible for everything he does or fails to do. That is the kind of leadership I’ve always sought to provide in all my endeavors, and if given the opportunity, that is the type of leadership I will take to Little Rock."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Marcus Richmond was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Richmond and his wife, Susan, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marcus + Richmond + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 21
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|