|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 14|
|2004 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 4, 2003|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
Rogers earned her bachelor's degree in Business Administration from the University of Mississippi. Her professional experience includes working as an accountant.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Rogers served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Enrolled Bills|
|• Fees and Salaries of Public Officers|
|• Investigate State Offices|
|• State Library, Chair|
|• Workforce Development|
|• Youth and Family Affairs|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Rogers served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Oil, Gas and Other Minerals, Vice Chair|
|• Banking and Financial Services|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Juvenile Justice|
|• Universities and Colleges|
On November 8, 2011, Rogers won re-election to District 14 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. She ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Rogers was re-elected in District 14. She ran unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 14 (2007)|
|Margaret Rogers (D)||6,031|
In 2011, Rogers received $7,850 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Margaret Rogers's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Consumer Finance Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$7,850|
|Total Votes received in 2011||7,400|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.06|
In 2007, Rogers collected $11,800 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Mississippi Medical Association||$2,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Mississippi Automobile Dealers Association||$500|
Rogers has been a member of the Methodist Church Administration Board, New Albany Main Street Association, Phi Kappa Phi, Union County Development Association, University of Mississippi Alumni Association, and the University of Mississippi Loyalty Foundation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Margaret + Rogers + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Clarion Ledger "2 Mississippi representatives switch to Republican Party," January 20, 2011. Accessed February 13, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Margaret Ellis Rogers' Political Summary," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "August 2, 2011 Primary Election Results: Republican Primary (Certified)," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Rogers, Margaret Ellis," accessed February 13, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |