|U.S. House, Kansas, District 2|
|Chair, Douglass County Democratic Party|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 5, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri|
|J.D.||University of Kansas|
|Place of birth||St. Joseph, Missouri|
Wakefield has been active in politics from a young age. After graduating from college in 1980, she worked in the Topeka, KS office of then Senator Bob Dole. She has been a delegate to the Democratic National Convention, a precinct committee person, and she currently chairs the Douglass County Democratic Party.
Wakefield is a practicing attorney and maintains an office in Lawrence, Kansas.
Wakefield is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Kansas' 2nd District. Wakefield is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Wakefield has been endorsed by the following organizations:
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Wakefield's reports.
|Margie Wakefield (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2014||$0||$109,607||$(13,882)||$95,725|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$95,725||$105,052||$(64,189)||$136,588|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$136,588||$140,382||$(72,019)||$204,952|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Margie + Wakefield + Kansas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Margie Wakefield for Congress, "About Margie" accessed November 21, 2013
- Margie Wakefield Law Office, "Home Page" accessed November 20, 2013
- Bangor Daily News, "EMILY’s List backs Emily Cain’s bid for Maine’s 2nd U.S. House District seat," accessed November 21, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed March 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End," accessed March 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed May 15, 2014