|Alabama House of Representatives, District 104|
|February 5, 2014 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||January 28, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Wilcox 's professional experience includes working in transportation since 1977. She is the owner of Mobile Bay Transportation and Pensacola Bay Transportation.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Margie Wilcox was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
2014 special election
Wilcox won election in the special election for Alabama House of Representatives District 104. The seat was vacant following Jim Barton's (R) resignation to take a position with the Kinney Capitol Group, a lobbying and consulting firm. Wilcox faced Susan Hightower, Ralph Carmichael, Nathan Davis and Charlie Plyler in the October 15, 2013 Republican primary. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Wilcox and Hightower - met in the Republican primary runoff on December 3, 2013, which Wilcox won. Margie Wilcox (R) then defeated Stephen P. Carr, II (D) — who ran uncontested in the Democratic primary — in the special election, which took place on February 4.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Margie + Wilcox + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Margie Wilcox, House District 104, "About Margie Wilcox," accessed February 9, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- timesdaily.com, " Special elections set for Ala. House districts," August 8, 2013
- al.com, "Hightower, Wilcox to face off in GOP primary for state House seat (updated, photos)," October 15, 2013
- therepublic.com, "Wilcox defeats Hightower in Alabama House District 104 runoff," December 3, 2013
- al.com, "Citing inclement weather forecast, governor delays special election set for Mobile House seat," January 27, 2014
- al.com, "Margie Wilcox wins Mobile's House District 104 general election," February 4, 2014
Jim Barton (R)
|Alabama House District 104
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|