Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate, District 47|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||St. Edwards University|
|J.D.||University of Iowa|
|Years of service||1984-2011|
Bribriesco served as an attorney-advisor in the Army for 27 years. She received a Juris Doctorate from the University of Iowa and a Bachelor's degree from St. Edwards University.
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Maria Bribriesco was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Roby Smith was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bribriesco will face Smith in the general election.
Bribriesco ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 94. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by District 82 incumbent Linda Miller (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Linda Miller Incumbent||51.6%||10,330|
Bribriesco and her husband William have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Maria + Bribriesco + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Maria Bribriesco on Facebook
- "mariabribriesco4iowa," Official Campaign Website
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 26, 2012
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |