|Former candidate for|
|Iowa State Senate, District 47|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||St. Edwards University|
|J.D.||University of Iowa|
|Years of service||1984-2011|
Bribriesco earned her B.S. from St. Edwards University and her J.D. from the University of Iowa. She served as an attorney-advisor in the United States Army for 27 years.
Bribriesco's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The most effective way to maintain and improve our lives is through education, especially early childhood development. We must return Iowa schools to world class status."
- Excerpt: "The measurement of the health of a society is how well we are caring for our elderly. We must ensure that our elderly have all the resources they need to live out fully productive lives and that they have access to medical and financial assistance."
- Excerpt: "Iowa has always been a part of the heartland of beautiful natural resources that include healthy, vibrant rivers and creeks. We need to address how to clean already polluted waters and to set up long term solutions to ensure our waterways are clean for generations to come."
- Excerpt: "Mental health issues touch every one of us directly or indirectly. Funding for mental health programs have seriously declined through the years to the point of causing desperation for individuals and families. We must work together to ensure funding is restored to previous levels and resources are made available to those most in need."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Maria Bribriesco was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Roby Smith was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bribriesco faced Smith in the general election. Incumbent Smith defeated challenger Bribiesco in the general election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 47 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Roby Smith Incumbent||56.4%||14,988|
Bribriesco ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 94. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and was defeated by District 82 incumbent Linda Miller (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Linda Miller Incumbent||51.6%||10,330|
Bribriesco and her husband, William, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Maria + Bribriesco + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Maria Bribriesco on Facebook
- "mariabribriesco4iowa," Official Campaign Website
- mariabribriesco4iowa.org, "Issues," accessed September 25, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 26, 2012
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |