|New Jersey State Senate, District 31|
|Place of birth||Galicia, Spain|
Karczewski studied Business Management at Saint Peter's College. She was a member of the Bayonne City Council from 2002 to 2006. Karczewski is currently an office administrator with Siemens.
Karczewski summarized her platform on her website.
Excerpt: "Here is what I want to do as your representative:
- Tackle the national debt crisis with common-sense solutions
- Ensure more transparency in government
- Strive for economic and energy independence for America
- Work to create and retain jobs in America
- Restore faith in our country
- Put a STOP to wasteful government spending"
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Karczewski ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 31. Karczewski was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She was defeated by incumbent Sandra Bolden Cunningham (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 31 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Sandra Cunningham Incumbent||73.1%||18,822|
Karczewski ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 8th District. She was unopposed in the June 5 Republican primary and faced Democratic incumbent Albio Sires in the November general election.
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 8 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Albio Sires Incumbent||78%||130,853|
|Source: New Jersey Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Karczewski has served as a commissioner for a number of boards, including Americans with Disabilities, the Bayonne Local Redevelopment Authority and the Bayonne Urban Enterprise Zone. She is also a member of the Bayonne Community Day Care Center, Bayonne Police Athletic League and the Hudson County Juvenile Conference Committee. She has co-chaired the Bayonne Citizens' Budget Committee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Maria + Karczewski + New Jersey + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page (Dated)
- Twitter page (Dated)
- LinkedIn page
- New Jersey Legislature