|Former candidate for|
|Lieutenant Governor of Alaska|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Rensel was required to submit over 3,000 petition signatures in order to obtain ballot access for the Alaska Constitution Party, along with her running mate for governor, J.R. Myers. Rensel and Myers shared the Alaska Constitution Party ticket in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Rensel ran on the Alaska Constitution Party ticket for election as Lieutenant Governor of Alaska in 2014. Because Alaska does not recognize the Constitution Party as an official political party, Rensel and gubernatorial running mate J.R. Myers were each required to submit petitions to qualify for a joint slot on the general election ballot. Their petitions were turned in by the August 19 deadline and the signatures were verified by the state division of elections soon thereafter. Maria Rensel lost the general election on November 4, 2014.
|Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Alaska, 2014|
|Independent||Bill Walker/Byron Mallott||48.1%||134,658|
|Republican||Sean Parnell/Dan Sullivan Incumbent||45.9%||128,435|
|Libertarian||Carolyn "Care" Clift/Andrew C. Lee||3.2%||8,985|
|Constitution||J.R. Myers/Maria Rensel||2.5%||6,987|
|Election Results via Alaska Division of Elections.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maria + Rensel + Alaska + Lieutenant + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State of Alaska Division of Elections, "2014 General Official Candidate List, November 4, 2014 General Election Candidate List," accessed February 27, 2014
- Ballot Access News, "Constitution Party Has Enough Valid Signatures in Alaska," August 25, 2014
- J.R. Myers for Alaska Lieutenant Governor 2014: "Nominating petition," accessed November 3, 2013
- State of Alaska Division of Elections, "2014 General Official Candidate List, November 4, 2014 General Election Candidate List," accessed August 26, 2014
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |