|New Jersey General Assembly, District 16|
|Bachelor's||Montclair State University|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Corfield earned her B.F.A. in Fine and Commercial Art from Montclair State University and her M.A. in Teaching from Marygrove College. Her professional experience includes working as a teacher at Robert Hunter Elementary School in Flemington.
Now-famous video of Corfield confronting Gov. Christie
Corfield' official campaign website listed three primary campaign themes:
- Promote Job Growth - Attract businesses to the 16th District by cutting taxes, promoting workforce retraining programs, and making it easier for entrepreneurs to start businesses.
- Provide Real Tax Relief - Restore the State's Earned Income Tax Credit so that families have more money to invest in New Jersey's economy.
- Invest in New Jersey's Future - Increase education funding for public schools and universities. Ensure that our children receive the educational opportunities and the skills to succeed.
Corfield ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 16. Corfield was bracketed with Ida Ochoteco. She was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She was defeated by incumbent Jack M. Ciattarelli (R) and incumbent Donna M. Simon (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Corfield ran in a special election for District 16 of the New Jersey General Assembly. She faced incumbent Donna Simon on November 6, 2012. While Simon initially declared victory on November 6, Corfield refused to concede as many ballots remained outstanding and unofficial results showed Simon leading Corfield by about 1,700 votes. Finally, on December 2, Simon affirmed her victory in the race.
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 16, Special Election, 2012|
Corfield was a candidate for District 16 of the New Jersey General Assembly. Corfield and Joe Camarota ran unopposed in the June 7 Democratic primary. She was defeated in the November 8 general election by Peter Biondi (R) and Jack Ciattarelli (R).
District 16 was significantly reshaped in 2011, moving its population center away from Somerset County. All of the Republican candidates (two incumbents and one challenger) were from the Somerset area. However, NJSpotlight noted that despite these changes and balanced partisan registration, the Democratic ticket was not very familiar to voters.
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
- Democracy for America
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
In 2011, Corfield’s endorsements included the following:
Corfield is mother to a son and daughter.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 16," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 16," October 12, 2011
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marie + Corfield + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Marie Corfield Official 2013 Campaign Website (dead link)
- Marie Corfield on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Marie Corfield on Twitter
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- New York Times, "Public Workers Face Outrage as Budget Crises Grow," January 1, 2011
- "Marie Corfield Official Campaign Website," accessed May 8, 2013 (dead link)
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- Blue Jersey, "DLCC: Marie Corfield has the top grassroots powered state race in the country," October 7, 2012
- Lehigh Valley Live, "New Jersey Assembly race - Donna Simon-Marie Corfield - remains too close to call," November 7, 2012
- NJ.com, "Assemblywoman Donna Simon affirms victory in 16th District," December 2, 2012
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Special election results November 6, 2012," accessed December 19, 2012
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- PolitickerNJ, "New Jersey Legislative Forecast," November 1, 2011
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections," accessed September 4, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
- bluejersey.com, "DFA Announces National Endorsements: Barbara Buono, Marie Corfield, Ed Zipprich, Jeff Gardner," accessed Septemeber 4, 2013
- Politicker NJ, "2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates," accessed August 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |