|Former candidate for|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Mayor's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Marie will ask the hard questions and work to find solutions. She is not a kick-the-can-down-the-road kind of person. She believes the only way to effectively plan for the 10,000 new homes projected to be built in the next three decades is through regional planning of road construction, police and emergency services, schools, waste water treatment facilities, storm water management, etc."
- Excerpt: "Marie believes we all win and the economy is stronger when every worker earns a living wage. In jurisdictions throughout the country where the minimum wage is a living wage, full-time workers are no longer living in poverty. Consumer spending increases."
- Excerpt: "Marie will work to pass a no-excuse absentee voting bill. Marie also believes the current calendar that closes voter registration three weeks prior to Election Day needs to be changed. We have quite a few people move here in any given three week period and they should be allowed to vote."
Wise Use of Taxpayers’ Money
- Excerpt: "Marie believes money designated for road improvements should be used for road improvements – not bailing out casinos."
Developing Plans for a Resilient Coastal Delaware
- Excerpt: "Marie also thinks it’s time decision makers use the resources of the Sustainable Coastal Communities Initiative (SCCI)."
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. M. Marie Mayor was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Stephen T. Smyk was unopposed in the Republican primary. Smyk defeated Mayor and Donald R. Ayotte (I) in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Stephen T. Smyk Incumbent||58.1%||5,473|
|Democratic||M. Marie Mayor||39.6%||3,737|
|Independent||Donald R. Ayotte||2.3%||217|
Mayor ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 20. Mayor defeated Thomas D. Jones, Sr. and Lynn Rogers in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and was defeated by Stephen Smyk and faced Valerie Valeska in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||M. Marie Mayor||46.8%||5,689|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 20 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Thomas Jones, Sr.||6.2%||112|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marie + Mayor + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House of Representatives District 20
- Delaware House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Marie Mayor on Facebook
- Marie Mayor on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Marie Mayor's campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012