Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 8|
|2006 - present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||7|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
In August 2013, the Republican National Committee launched its Rising Stars program, introducing Garcia and three other Republicans as "the future of our party." The program was designed to prominently feature the four young politicians on GOP.com and give a national platform to share their unique perspectives.
Garcia earned her B.A. from Tufts University, B.M. from the New England Conservatory of Music, and M.P.P. from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. Her professional experience includes working in business development, strategic account management, and higher education consulting, as well as teaching harp at Phillips Exeter Academy and St. Paul's School, and Gordon College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Garcia served on the following committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance - Division I|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Garcia served on this committee:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Legislative Administration|
Garcia won re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 8. Garcia advanced past the September 11 primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
On November 2, 2010, Garcia won election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
Garcia advanced past the September 14 primary election. She faced incumbent Carolyn Webber (D), incumbent David Bettencourt (R), incumbent Mary Griffin (R), incumbent Charles McMahon (R), Kevin Waterhouse (R), incumbent David Bates (R), incumbent Walter Kolodziej (R), incumbent Ronald Belanger (R), incumbent Robert Elliott (R), Daphne Kenyon (D), Ann Kern (D), Matthew Groch (D), Jane Lang (D), Jocelyn Leary (D), Christine White-Rogers (D), Lori Demaine (D), Neil Fallon (D), Ellie Rouillard (D), Thomas Witham (D), Henri Azibert (D), Matthew O'Shaughnessy (D), John Sytek (R), Richard Okerman (R), Gary Azarian (R), and Donna Mauro (R) in the November 2 general election.
Special election 2009
On April 28, 2009, Garcia won election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives from Rockingham County District 4 by winning a special election against Sheila Murray (D). Garcia received 2,050 votes, while Murray only received 1,250.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham District 4|
|Marilinda Garcia (R)||2,050|
|Sheila Murray (D)||1,250|
Prior to her election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives in 2009, Garcia ran for a seat in the Rockingham 4 District in the 2008 election. Rockingham 4 sent thirteen candidates to the House, but Garcia finished with the fourteenth-highest vote total with 7,472 votes, failing to win a seat. The winning candidates from Rockingham 4 were David Bettencourt (R) with 10,390 votes, Mary Griffin (R) with 10,171 votes, Charles McMahon (R) with 9,297 votes, Anne Priestley (R) with 9,197 votes, Ronald Belanger (R) with 9,155 votes, Anthony DiFruscia (R) with 9,098 votes, Russell Ingram (R) with 8,367 votes, Robert Elliott (R) with 8,324 votes, Mark Pearson (R) with 8,293 votes, Margaret Crisler (R) with 7,886 votes, Walter Kolodziej (R) with 7,744 votes, David Bates (R) with 7,674 votes, and Carolyn Webber (D) with 7,624 votes. The other losing candidates in the race were Jessica Garofalo (D) with 6,544 votes, Doris Flaherty (D) with 6,216 votes, Michael Caruso (D) with 6,204 votes, Carol Schneider (D) with 6,158 votes, Connor O'Brien (D) with 6,089 votes, Camron Iannaflo (D) with 6,041 votes, Fran Brennan (D) with 5,675 votes, Frank Kern (D) with 5,326 votes, Lori Demaine (D) with 5,249 votes, Gerald Capron (D) with 4,423 votes, Henri Azibert (D) with 4,254 votes, and Neelima Gogumalla (D) with 4,160 votes. 
Garcia raised $610 for her campaign in 2008. Other candidates in the Rockingham 4 race (with data available) raised the following amounts: Griffin ($850), McMahon ($1,550), Priestley ($50), DiFruscia ($250), Pearson ($250), Kolodziej ($400), Bates ($2,450), Webber ($875), and Iannaflo ($525).
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Garcia was up for re-election, she did not collect any money in donations.
In 2008, Garcia collected $610 in contributions. Her four largest contributors were as follows:
|New Hampshire Liberty Alliance||$50|
Recent newsThis section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marilinda + Garcia + New + Hampshire + House" :All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- War of words over NH GOP candidate Marilinda Garcia - Seacoastonline.com
- EXCLUSIVE: Democrat Who Attacked Conservative Marilinda Garcia Has ... - Town Hall
- Salem's Marilinda Garcia Officially Running for Congress - Patch.com
- Marilinda Garcia Attacked in Adolf Hitler Facebook Hoax - Patch.com
- Update to an NH Democrat's War on a Conservative Woman - National Review Online (blog)
- Marilinda Garcia Shrugs Off Political Vitriol - National Review Online
- Kuster Caught Up in Benghazi Flap - Patch.com
- GOP Congressional Candidate Targeted Again on Social Media - Patch.com
- War of words over NH GOP candidate - Exeter News-Letter
- Editorial: No defense for boorish attack on Garcia - Eagle-Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ patch.com, "Marilinda Garcia named RNC 'Rising Star'," August 15, 2013
- ↑ latino.foxnews.com, "Republican Party Highlights Diversity And Its Rising Stars At Annual Meeting In Boston," August 15, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Garcia
- ↑ Marilinda Garcia for NH State Representative, "About Marilinda." Retrieved May 15, 2013.
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Official Results for 2009 Special Election for Rockingham 4 District
- ↑ New Hampshire House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Rockingham District 4 New Hampshire House of Representatives Candidate Funds, 2008
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributions to Marilinda Garcia