|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 29B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, O'Neill served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Housing Finance and Policy|
|• Judiciary Finance and Policy|
|• Labor, Workplace and Regulated Industries|
|• Transportation Finance|
O'Neill's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Return Minnesota to a business friendly state
- Excerpt: "Reduce regulation and taxation; encouraging free market competition."
- Excerpt: "Smaller, efficient, constitutional government. Prioritize needs over wants."
Second Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "Protect our rights to bear arms"
- Excerpt: "Freedom of choice, local control, reduce mandates."
- Excerpt: "Values life from conception to natural death"
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Marion O'Neill was unopposed in the Republican primary.
O'Neill won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 29B. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Barrett Chrissis (D) and Eugene Newcombe (Independence) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 29B, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for O'Neill is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, O'Neill raised a total of $22,813 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 12, 2013.
|Marion O'Neill's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 29B||$22,813|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,813|
2012O'Neill won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, O'Neill raised a total of $22,813.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marion O'Neill's campaign in 2012|
|Wright County RPM||$1,500|
|O'Neill, Marion O.||$791|
|Freedom Club of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$22,813|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marion + O'Neill + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "mariononeill," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Oneill, Marion." Retrieved July 12, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Kim Norton (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 29B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |