|New York State Assembly, District 53|
|November 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Davila won election in the special election for New York State Assembly District 53. The seat was vacant following Vito Lopez (D)'s resignation amidst a sex scandal. Davila defeated Charveys Gonzalez (D) and Jason A. Otano (D) in the open primary on September 10, and defeated Otano (Working Families Party) again in the special election on November 5.
|New York State Assembly, District 53, Special Election, 2013|
|Working Families||Jason A. Otano||14.2%||1,486|
|New York State Assembly, District 53 Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Jason A. Otano||31.6%||2,519|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Maritza + Davila + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Associated Press, "NY Assemblyman accused of sex harass resigns," May 18, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- theepochtimes.com, "Maritza Davila Wins Special Election for NY Assembly District 53," September 10, 2013
- hosted.ap.org, "Unofficial election results," November 5, 2013
- vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official election results," accessed December 11, 2013
Vito Lopez (D)
|New York Assembly District 53
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |