|Vermont House of Representatives, Orange-Washington-Addison District|
|November 8, 2013-present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||November 8, 2013|
Ryerson is a poet, writer, and editor. She has written for Vermont Life, the Barre Montpelier Times-Argus, and the Burlington Free Press.
After her appointment, Ryerson was assigned to serve on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources and Energy|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Incumbents Patsy French and Marjorie Ryerson were unopposed in the Democratic primary. French and Ryerson defeated Republican Charles Russell in the general election.
|Vermont House of Representatives Orange-Washington-Addison District, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Patsy French Incumbent||37%||1,567|
|Democratic||Marjorie Ryerson Incumbent||34.4%||1,459|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
Ryerson is from Randolph Village, Vermont.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marjorie + Ryerson + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont State Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Marjorie Ryerson on LinkedIn
- Vermont Press Bureau, "With new appointment, women outnumber men in House Democratic caucus," November 8, 2013
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 22, 2014