|Board member, Lee County School Board, At-large|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- See also: Lee County Schools elections (2014)
Mark Akinosho challenged Richard Hayes, Ophelia Livingston and Shawn E. Williams for an at-large seat in the primary election on May 6, 2014. He will face Sandra Bowen, Christine Curkendall, David L. Schau, Ophelia Livingston and Shawn E. Williams in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Akinosho advanced in the Democratic primary election on May 6, 2014.
|Lee County Schools, At-Large Primary Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Democratic||Mark Akinosho Incumbent||25.2%||1,898|
|Democratic||Shawn E. Williams||24.8%||1,874|
|Source: North Carolina Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 OFFICIAL PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS - LEE," accessed June 3, 2014|
Akinosho had not reported any campaign contributions or expenditures to the Lee County Board of Elections as of March 18, 2014.
Akinosho had not received any official endorsements for his campaign, as of March 18, 2014.
About the district
- See also: Lee County Schools, North Carolina
Lee County underperformed in comparison to the rest of North Carolina in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 20.0% of Lee County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.8% for North Carolina as a whole. The median household income in Lee County was $45,284 compared to $46,450 for the state of North Carolina. The poverty rate in Lee County was 17.4% compared to 16.8% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Akinosho + Lee + County + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lee County Board of Elections, "Campaign Finance Reports," accessed March 18, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Lee County, North Carolina," accessed March 17, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "NC Voter Statistics Results," accessed March 17, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Lee County Schools Elections|
|Lee County, North Carolina|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Mark Akinosho • Sandra Bowen • Christine Curkendall • Richard Hayes • Ophelia Livingston • Shawn E. Williams • David L. Schau|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|