State Representative Mark Anderson (Minnesota)
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Anderson served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Civil Law|
|• Education Policy|
|• Transportation Policy|
Anderson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Private industry is far more efficient and effective in using financial resources than federal and state government. I believe all government would become more efficient and cost-effective, if they had less resources."
- Excerpt: "I do not support any tax increase. And beyond that, government should be out of our pockets and away from our families and businesses."
- Excerpt: "Our government needs a spending cap and a debt reduction plan. Plus, I support individuals and families spending their own money in a capital and free-market enterprise system."
Businesses and Jobs
- Excerpt: "I support a comprehensive restructuring of taxes and regulations to ensure Minnesota's competitive business environment."
- Excerpt: "Core curriculum with an emphasis on math, science, reading, writing and American History should be a priority in every setting. Rural school funding needs to be equalized to that of metro school funding."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Dan Bye was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Mark Anderson was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Anderson won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 9A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Don Niles (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9A, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Anderson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Anderson raised a total of $29,335 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 1, 2013.
|Mark Anderson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 9A||$29,335|
|Grand Total Raised||$29,335|
2012Anderson won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Anderson raised a total of $29,335.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to State Representative Mark Anderson (Minnesota)'s campaign in 2012|
|8th Congressional District RPM||$1,000|
|Cass County RPM||$800|
|Wadena County RPM||$700|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,335|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Anderson + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "markandersonforrep," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Anderson, Mark." Retrieved July 1, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Morrie Lanning (R)
|Minnesota State House District 9A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |