- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| Ash ran for election to the Texas Supreme Court.
General: He was defeated in the general election on November 4, 2014, after receiving 3.2 percent of the vote. He competed against incumbent Jeff Brown (Republican) and Lawrence Meyers (Democratic).
Below are the results of the 2014 judicial poll, conducted by the State Bar of Texas, which asked attorneys to cast a vote in favor of their preferred candidate in each appellate race.
|Place 6 Justice|
|Joe Pool, Jr.||1672|
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2012
- Libertarian Party of Texas, 2014 Statewide Offices
- Texas Secretary of State, Unofficial Elections Results As Of: 11/7/2012 5:44:49 AM (timed out)
- State Bar of Texas "Judicial Poll results," 2014
- Texas Secretary of State: 2012 General Election Summary Select "2012 General Election"
- Libertarian Party of Texas, 2012 Candidate Listings (dead link)