|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, New York, District 25|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
In January 2015, Assini announced that he planned to run for the U.S. House again in 2016 after narrowly losing to incumbent Rep. Louise Slaughter (D) in 2014. Assini stated, "Really, my heart is set on serving in congress...I think i have some great ideas to offer to the people of this district and the country. I would really like to see some of those ideas put into fruition."
Assini ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 25th District. Assini ran unopposed for the Republican and Conservative Party nominations in the primary on June 24, 2014, but lost to incumbent Rep. Louise Slaughter (D) in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Assini did not concede to Slaughter until eight days after the election. With all precincts reporting, but before all absentee and affidavit ballots were counted, Slaughter had 93,053 votes to Assini's 92,471. According to two County Board of Elections commissioners, there were still around 2,000 affidavit ballots and 1,300 absentee ballots left to be counted, leaving a slim possibility that Assini could have caught up. Assini said that he would not concede until all votes had been accounted for, stating, "In all fairness to the voters, you should let the votes be counted." After many of the additional ballots were counted on November 12, Slaughter had pulled ahead slightly, 96,800 to 95,931, and Assini called Slaughter to congratulate her on her victory.
|U.S. House, New York District 25 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Louise Slaughter Incumbent||49.3%||96,803|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections|
|Mark Assini (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0.00||$32,703.28||$(2,783.84)||$29,919.44|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Assini + New York + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 25th Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 25th Congressional District
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "New York - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Time Warner Cable News, "Mark Assini Concedes to Rep. Louise Slaughter in 25th Congressional Race," accessed November 13, 2014
- Rochester Homepage, "Assini to Run for Congress in 2016," accessed January 14, 2015
- Democrat & Chronicle, "Deciding Assini-Slaughter winner could take a while," accessed November 6, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Mark Assini Summary Report," accessed April 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Mark Assini April Quarterly," accessed April 28, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |