was a 2012 Independent
candidate for District 5
of the California State Assembly
Belden's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Corrections System, Punishment and the Death Penalty
- Excerpt: "I will support legislation to change capital punishment to life in prison without the possibility of parole, a savings estimated at $5 billion by 2030."
- Excerpt: "I will oppose any legislation that would impose further gun controls on law-abiding California citizens"
- Excerpt: "I will not oppose or support same sex marriage legislation."
- Excerpt: "I will support legislation that practices greater security along our border, in our government institutions and private businesses."
- Taxes, Government Growth and Regulation
- Excerpt: "I will support any legislation that reduces the tax burden on California's citizens and businesses. I will oppose any legislation to raise taxes on individuals or California's businesses."
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Belden ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 5. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 5 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Tim Fitzgerald
|| Kevin Lancaster
|| Mark Belden
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Belden + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Mark Belden News Feed