|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 24|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|UNC Board of Governors|
|High school||Bessemer City High School|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|J.D.||UNC School of Law|
|Place of birth||Kings Mountain, NC|
Bibbs earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1992 and his J.D. from the UNC School of Law in 1995. His professional experience includes working as a lawyer for Thigpen, Blue, Stephens & Fellers and Bibbs Law Office.
Bibbs's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "He believes in working together for solutions to problems without an ideological bent to the left or the right. Mark firmly believes in a child’s fundamental right to an equal, strong and sound public education."
- Excerpt: "He supports a woman’s right to choose."
- Excerpt: "He supports the death penalty for the most heinous capital crimes."
- Excerpt: "He supports a clean environment for our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, but not at the extreme cost to businesses that result in a loss of jobs – Mark believes that we can find a balance and be environmentally responsible and create jobs. Mark believes that we must work together to cut out government waste."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Jean Farmer-Butterfield defeated Mark Bibbs in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 24 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Jean Farmer-Butterfield Incumbent||77.5%||4,948|
Bibbs ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 8. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. He was defeated by Susan Martin (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 8, General Election, 2012|
Bibbs and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Bibbs + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 24
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About," accessed April 18, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Markbibbs.com, "About," accessed September 17, 2012 (dead link)
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |