|North Carolina House of Representatives District 55|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Concordia University, 1996|
|Service/branch||United States Navy Reserve|
|Years of service||1985-1993|
Brody earned a B.A. in Education from Concordia University in 1996. He is a general contractor. Brody served in the United States Navy Reserve from 1985 to 1993.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brody served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Health and Human Services|
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Mark Brody is unopposed in the Republican primary, while Kim Hargett is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Brody ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 55. He defeated John L. Barker and Richard Johnson in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. Brody defeated Dale Nelson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 55, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 55 Republican Primary, 2012|
|John L. Barker||5.6%||455|
Comprehensive donor information for Brody is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Brody raised a total of $18,655 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Mark Brody's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 55||$18,655|
|Grand Total Raised||$18,655|
2012Brody won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Brody raised a total of $18,655.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Brody's campaign in 2012|
|Brody, Mark Allen||$6,500|
|Union County Republican Party||$2,000|
|Starnes Jr, Samuel||$1,000|
|Dean Arp for North Carolina House||$1,000|
|Horn for North Carolina House||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$18,655|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Brody and his wife, Lisa, have three children. They currently reside in Monroe, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Brody + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Brody, Mark Allen" Accessed August 30, 2013
W.A. Wilkins (D)
|North Carolina House - District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |