|Illinois House of Representatives, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Calonder earned his Bachelors degree in Business. His professional experience includes owning his own telecommunications brokering company.
Calonder's official campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Honesty and transparency
- "Immediately bring the right attitude to the job-- I am here to serve the public's needs, not my own bank account."
- "On each and every issue, honest and full answers will be given, no matter what. Some answers may not be popular, but each and every answer and effort will be rooted in the truth and nothing but the truth. You'll never doubt what I think or my opinion on any issue."
- "Post via Facebook all votes AND the reason behind it."
- "Have regular breakfast, lunch, pizza outings in all areas of the district on a regular basis, allowing voters to voice their issues and needs-- sure, we'll throw in a few freebies in there too!"
- "Create specific sections on social media where the regular voter can post their issues/needs."
- Fiscal reform
- Reduce taxes
- Spending reform
- "Propose that my salary, as your representative, be cut by 5% for 2 years."
- "Propose that each and every department follow my lead and reduce all spending in every department by the same 5%."
- "Propose that the state double the time by which I qualify for the state pension. No longer should someone serve a short time in the State house and be compensated by the people of Illinois for the rest of their life."
- "Propose to streamline the Lynk program to better feed the poor: all nonessential food items- cookies, candy, cake and cokes be removed from the state Lynk program, allowing monies to be better directed to the people who truly need assistance."
- State pension reform
- "Cap the total amount one can receive per year to a reasonable level."
- "Limit how many pensions one person can receive."
- "Ask current recipients to forego COLAs (cost of living increase) for just 2 years."
- "Change COLA to be tied to the rate of inflation."
- "Ask new entrants into the system to contribute 5% more than currently."
- "Change the current law that any State employee convicted of a serious crime, loses their pension. No longer can someone in prison receive money from the people."
- "Push through the people's right to keep and bear arms."
- "Hire more police to cover more ground."
- "Prioritize our spending to better reflect our need for safety."
- "Create more 'pro-family' policies keeping families together."
- Create Pro business environment
- "Lower businesses tax burden, reduce heavy regulations and eliminate out-dated laws."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 18, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Derrick Smith will face Pamela Reaves-Harris, Beverly Perteet, Eddie Winters and Antwan D. Hampton in the Democratic primary, while Mark Calonder is unopposed in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Calonder + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |