|Olympia Board of Directors, District 5|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 3, 2009|
Campeau currently works as an energy trader with Tacoma Power.
- See also: Olympia School District elections (2013)
Campeau ran for a second term on the board without opposition on November 5, 2013.
|Olympia Board of Directors, Four-year term, District 5, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Mark Campeau Incumbent||100%||11,799|
|Source: Thurston County Auditor, "November 5, 2013 General Election," November 26, 2013|
Campeau reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Campeau won his first full term on the board without opposition on November 3, 2009.
|Olympia Board of Directors, District 3, November 3, 2009|
|Source: Thurston County Auditor|
Campeau provided the following statement for the 2013 Local Voters' Pamphlet in Thurston County:
"The Olympia School District is a great school district and I would be honored to continue to be your representative on the Board of Directors. We have seen many changes in education in the last few years, including an emphasis on differentiated teaching (teaching to the level of each child), implementing a new teacher and principal evaluation system, and working towards a common-core curriculum. My focus for the next few years will be on reducing class sizes while providing classroom support for those students needing extra help in achieving grade-level goals. I appreciate the support that is provided to our students from the Olympia community and look forward to continuing our partnership in the education of our children."
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
About the district
- See also: Olympia School District, Washington
Olympia outperforms the state average for higher education achievement but lags behind median income and poverty rate. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (43.3%) exceeds the state average (31.4%). The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Olympia's median income at $52,371 while the state median income was $58,890. Olympia had a poverty rate of 15.8% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 12.5%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Campeau + Olympia + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington school districts
- Olympia School District, Washington
- Olympia School District elections (2013)
- LinkedIn, "Mark Campeau," Accessed September 25, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," Accessed December 17, 2013
- Thurston County Auditor, "Local Voters' Pamphlet," Accessed September 25, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Olympia," Accessed September 25, 2013
- Thurston County Auditor, "Election Information and History," Accessed September 25, 2013