For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Mark Costello (Iowa)
|Iowa State Senate, District 12|
|January 12, 2015 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||December 30, 2014|
|First elected||December 30, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 23|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Costello served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Human Resources|
|• State Government|
|• Veterans Affairs|
|Iowa State Senate, District 12, Special Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Steven L. Adams||22.2%||932|
|Libertarian||Don W. Brantz||3.1%||132|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Mark Costello was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Costello ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 23. He defeated Raymond Chase in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. No candidates filed to run in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 23 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Costello is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Costello raised a total of $7,421 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Mark Costello's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 23||$7,421|
|Grand Total Raised||$7,421|
2012Costello won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Costello raised a total of $7,421.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Costello (Iowa)'s campaign in 2012|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$1,000|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$500|
|John Deere & Co||$500|
|Iowa Republican Party||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$7,421|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Costello + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa State Legislature
- Iowa State Senate
- Iowa Senate Committees
- Iowa state legislative districts
- State legislative special elections, 2014
- Omaha.com, "Republican Mark Costello wins special election to replace Joni Ernst in Iowa State Senate," December 31, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed December 17, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official election results," accessed January 14, 2015
- Quad-City Times, "Special election set for Ernst’s Statehouse seat," December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "State Senate District 12 - 12/30/2014 Special Election," accessed December 3, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Costello, Mark," accessed September 19, 2013
Joni Ernst (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|
Dan Rasmussen (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
David Sieck (R)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |