Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2013|
|Iowa House of Representatives|
Davitt served in the Iowa House of Representatives from 2002 to 2008.
Davitt ran in the special election for Iowa State Senate District 13. The seat was vacant following Kent Sorenson's (R) resignation following allegations of ethics violations. Davitt was selected as the Democratic nominee at an October 21 caucus. He was defeated by Rep. Julian B. Garrett (R) in the special election, which took place on November 19.
|Iowa State Senate, District 13, Special Election, 2013|
|Republican||Julian B. Garrett||58.2%||4,908|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Davitt + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa Secretary of State - Official Candidate List
- desmoinesregister.com, "Special election to replace Sorenson in Senate is Nov. 19," October 8, 2013
- caffeinatedthoughts.com, "Julian Garrett Nominated for Iowa Senate District 13 Special Election," October 18, 2013
- desmoinesregister.com, "Davitt to represent Democrats in Iowa Senate District 13 race," October 21, 2013
- kwwl.com, "Republican wins election for state Senate seat," November 19, 2013
- sos.iowa.gov, "Official election results," accessed December 11, 2013