|Maine House of Representatives, District 43|
|2010 - Present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Sheriff of Cumberland County|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Maine|
|J.D.||University of Maine School of Law|
Dion served as the Sheriff of Cumberland County for twelve years.
Dion earned his B.S. from the University of Southern Maine and his J.D. from the University of Maine Law School. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Dion served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Energy, Utilities and Technology, Chair|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dion served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Criminal Justice and Public Safety, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dion served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy, Utilities and Technology|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the general election was September 22, 2014. District 113 incumbent Mark Dion was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Shannon Rafferty-Roy was unopposed in the Republican primary. Dion defeated Rafferty-Roy in the general election.
|Maine House of Representatives District 43, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Mark Dion Incumbent||63%||2,985|
Dion won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 113. Dion ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated Porter Leighton (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 113, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mark Dion Incumbent||67.5%||3,503|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 113 (2010)|
|Mark Dion (D)||2,581||58%|
|Jason Harris (R)||1,683||38%|
Comprehensive donor information for Dion is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Dion raised a total of $10,079 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Mark Dion's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 113||$6,000|
|2010||Maine State House, District 113||$4,079|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,079|
2012Dion won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dion raised a total of $6,000.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Dion's campaign in 2012|
|Penobscot Energy Recovery Co||$500|
|Central Maine Power||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,000|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, Dion raised $4,079 in contributions.
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $3,729 to his campaign.
Dion has a wife, Cheryl.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Mark + Dion + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Mark Dion
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Mark Dion on LinkedIn
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Dion, Mark N," accessed September 18, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Joan Cohen (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 113
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |