Mark E. Hutton
|Mark E. Hutton|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 105|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University (1977)|
Hutton earned his B.S. in Construction Science and Management from Kansas State University. His professional experience includes owning and operating his own construction company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hutton served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Financial Institutions|
Hutton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Our tax policy has contributed to years of weak performance, which is why income and property taxes must be lowered to competitive levels."
- Excerpt:"State government is too large and inefficient. We must demand efficiency and control spending growth."
- Excerpt:"Education funding must be consistent and predictable, but we must maximize dollars to the classroom and insist on accountability for spending and outcomes."
- Excerpt:"Pro-life, pro-traditional marriage conservative."
- Excerpt:"Americans have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Local, state and federal governments should never infringe on that right."
Hutton won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 105. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Liz Hicks (D) and Randall Batson (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 105, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark Hutton Incumbent||55.8%||4,468|
Comprehensive donor information for Hutton is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hutton raised a total of $37,126 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 21, 2013.
|Mark E. Hutton's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 100||$37,126|
|Grand Total Raised||$37,126|
2012Hutton won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hutton raised a total of $37,126.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark E. Hutton's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Crossland Construction Co||$1,000|
|White, David R & Cynthia A||$1,000|
|Hutton, Benjamin M & Erin M||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,126|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Mark E. Hutton received a score of 66.0% in the 2013 index.
Hutton and his wife Mary have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Hutton + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Hutton's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "huttonforkansashouse," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Hutton, Mark E.," Accessed June 21, 2013
- "Kansas Freedom Index"
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Gene Suellentrop (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 105
| Succeeded by|