|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 108|
|1993 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Birthday||August 16, 1956|
|Place of birth||Starkville, Mississippi|
Formby earned his B.A. from Mississippi State University and attended Pearl River Community College. His professional experience includes working as a Broker/Realtor with Magnolia State Properties, Real Estate Agent with Formby & Associates, Realtor for Mississippi Land Sales, Legislative Assistant to U.S. Senator Trent Lott, and a retail business owner.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Formby served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments,|
|• Compilation, Revision and Publication|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Rules, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Formby served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Oil, Gas and Other Minerals|
|• Ways and Means|
On November 8, 2011, Formby won re-election to District 108 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He defeated Eddie Magee in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Formby was re-elected in District 108, running unopposed in the general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 108 (2007)|
|Mark Formby (R)||5,550||100.00%|
In 2011, Formby received $42,092 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Formby's campaign in 2011|
|Ellington Treas, A||$2,000|
|American Legislative Exchange Council||$1,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$42,092|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,962|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.06|
In 2007, Formby collected $28,300 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Associated General Contractors of Mississippi||$1,500|
|Mixon Jr., Bill||$1,000|
Formby has been a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council, BASS, Ducks Unlimited, First Baptist Church, the Jaycees, Kiwanis Clubs, and the National Rifle Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Mark + Formby + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Formby
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces “Mississippi Leaders With Newt”," March 12, 2012
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Mark Formby
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 108
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |